Sunday, July 27, 2008

What's the deal here?





[Sunday, July 27, Lombard Street east of Filbert, about 3PM. These idiots are not parked. They're waiting, with motors running, to reach the Crooked Street. So they can drive down it.]

I used to blog for Curbed. I have nothing but the most ardent fandom for these guys. Lockhart and Ben have created the must-read sites for New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. I miss blogging. I just don't miss having to come up with five posts a day, a goal I often missed anyway. And I know I miss getting paid to blog.

We're going to start (Beta, if you like) with this elementary format. At some point we'll move on Typepad, when html and I warm up to each other a bit.

I'm not interested in replicating what I did at Curbed. Although the voice remains the same and we may be looking at the same things in San Francisco, I can guarantee my magpie instincts will take us elsewhere.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I work in that neighborhood now, and if I have to go into work very morning to do maintenance before East Coast business hours, I treat myself to a quick drive down the crooked portion of Lombard when I can have it all to myself without waiting.

Unknown said...

Welcome back, Philip.

Team Curbed